
'SUNDAY', where there is no 5 day week how people look forward to it. Some look forward to it to complete all the personal tasks postponed(That includes washing, grocery shopping and what not.) Some want to go shopping to the malls, catch the latest releases in the multiplexes, eat out and come back home smug. That is nice for one Sunday a month but that is also exhausting and saps energy. The best way to rejuvenate is a lazy Sunday or a Sunday with a long drive and spent by the beach side but the weather should be cool for that.
In general I look forward to a Lazy Sunday, just to curl up on the SOFA have a leisurely Tea or coffee depending upon the mood. (if it is sunny I prefer Tea and if it is raining I prefer Coffee, U can see the difference too, it is nice that way for people who drink both Tea and Coffee). Going thru the Sunday magazines of the newspapers and the somewhere around 9.30 or 10am when the tummy starts growling I get up to fix a simple breakfast may be a bread toast or some milk and cereal or noodles it is best that way as lunch invariably would be heavier as it would be in general non vegetarian.
Even the breakfast is a leisure one playing or watching some cartoons with my daughter for some time, but if she decides to go downstairs and cycle around the apartment building or go upstairs and play with the dogie(a pug the HUTCH one) then I can have the remote to myself and what a blessing that indeed is. I just flick the channels and catch whatever is interesting at that moment. Somewhere around 12.30 I realise about Lunch and then enter the kitchen. But all this luxury or free time is affordable only when the maid is around and she does the cleaning under my supervision, dusting, cleaning the refrigerator changing the sheets in the two bedrooms and the Diwan. And most imp of all cleaning the bathrooms(where I do pitch in for perfect cleaning sake). And also the laundry job of starching the cotton garments(9 out of 10 dresses that I have are of cotton given the humidity and heat of Vizag) And weaves and block prints they are so beautiful in cotton adds dignity to the dressing, comfortable so I prefer it that way.
But yesterday, my maid calls up at 7.30 am (thanks to the affordable mobile phones now) and declares I will not be able to come today. And there starts my day. Although I canceled the starching episode(as rains are in I will prefer synthetics temporarily so they will dry, even after getting wet.) There went my day in washing, cleaning scrubbing, mopping and what not but when my daughter picks up the Colin bottle and wants to clean the furniture again it made my day. I do not think boys of that age or any other age would offer to do that. Daughters are daughters, I thanked almighty for blessing me with one. And carried on the tasks with fervour.
Could relax for a while in the afternoon post lunch and then there were going to be guests in the evening, again started preparations, went out to shop for some urgent groceries and it was night 11pm by the time the guests left after dinner, but felt really happy to have them so all that work was with a smile that lit up my face, and although I could not take My daughter for an outing she was more than happy to have friend from America. It is really amusing to see her to immediately try to pick up the American accent that the other little girl had. And both the girls did have double the gala time to dress up again in dupattas and beaded chains and bangles. Clicked their pictures and when they were leaving Vennela(My dr said in my ear you know Mamma why I clicked Esha's pic bcs I am going to miss her.) God thank you for this EQ that is developing in her. And for the first time she did not complain when I parted with her accessories as a gift to her friend.
All in all SUNDAY was not a FUN day in the literal sense. "But if I see the glass half full I felt more happier for the gleaming everything because of my efforts and the Guests complimenting on a beautiful house and a tasty dinner was like the icing on the cake or the cherry on the ice cream. :-)" What more can the Lady of the home want?
The final touch is still there, when I plopped myself in the chair, she came rushing with a glass of juice(poured from the carton). I said why "Darling! I just now had heavy dinner why this now? She said 'but you are looking very tired Mamma". Felt happy that she could sense so much but bad at the same time because I could not have the juice. I told sorry dear but after a heavy dinner there is no place for the juice in my tummy and kept it in the refrigerator. Then she comes to press my forehead. My Day is made.
Happy blogging karuna :)
ReplyDelete