Thursday, July 9, 2009

Change: We all need but difficult to accept!


Off late I am slightly in a melancholy mood, as I am going to change my job soon. Most of us say I am bored of doing the same thing again and again I need some change, but familiarity has its own comfort levels, be it the peer group, neighbourhood, job or anything.
There are people who are born in a particular place, grow up there and take up the family business and settle down in the same place. Then there are globe trotters. There are also men in the armed forces who are transferred every now and then to different corners of our country into completely contrasting geographical and climatic changes. And they get used to it.

I have been used to moving from place to place and adjusting in different places right from my childhood and use to enjoy it making new friends along life's journey. There was a time from 96 to 2000 that for every new year i was residing in a new place altogether. It is not new for me to change jobs either, right from the time I graduated I have been working with intermittent breaks and into varied professions. Every time I use to start a new job after a break and I use to look forward enthusiastically to prove myself. But this time I am switching the job without any break and that must not be the only reason why I am feeling blue!

Over a period of time, I got used to the comfort levels of this job, the perks and the environment, the stress everything and feeling very sad of moving on but it is a choice that I have made with full consciousness and so no looking back.

Off late as I start coming to work, the feelings arise , I am going to miss this drive to office overlooking the bay, the familiar smell of the room freshener when i enter the office, the smiles of the office boys who are always energetic, the music playing above my head (as I am working in a radio station).

There are a lot of apprehensions about the next job, how interesting would it be, will i enjoy it as much, will I be able to perform to the optimum levels etc. Hope these all apprehensions will rest in peace. But this transition period of change is difficult to experience right now till I attain the comfort zone in my new job. But then that is the way of life.....

Here I like to reminisce a few words written by a friend about change
"The Oak was once a tiny seed and the flute was once a lonely reed and it is Change that brought the transformation, nothing is constant in this world, every moment something, somewhere, surrounding us is changing, the only thing constant is Change...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...