Friday, July 24, 2009

New Job, Innocence and a Smile!


Finally the day arrived, sunny and bright. It was Thursday that is yesterday because as much as possible I always try to get into a new job or buying anything new on Thursday as I am sentimental about it.

I started the day as usual with my morning walk and rushed through the domestic chores as the maid was not there and got ready in time for the school bus. The best thing I awaited for on this day was to see her smile when she holds my hand and I need not let go of it once she gets into the bus, she knew it that Mom was going to come along with her to the school for which she was waiting anxiously all these days!

Then in the bus instead of sitting in the front with rest of the teachers I went to the kids at the back introduced myself and told we will start with telling a nice story today I will tell you from tomorrow one among you will tell me. I made a start, I told them about the coffe bean story carrot, egg and coffe bean and I said when your parents or teachers scold you you should not be a cry baby and become like a soggy carrot or sulk and be adamant and become hard like egg instead you should try to change their opinion on you so that next time they will not get a chance to scold you, they seemed to like it.

Then once I went to school as the syllabus was not decided and I am supposed to teach computers I asked the Vth class(Grade) children to write the difference between a man and computer and I could not help my self laughing when one kid came and showed me "Computer we have to buy it" "Man we need not buy" really what innocence and for the rest of the day that sentence kept on popping in my mind and a smile lightening up my face.

Off late I have observed that children are losing their innocence pretty early, it certainly is due to the information overload or the more exposure like TV and Internet but innocence is such a beautiful expression of childhood wish it is retained for a longer time.....

But don't you think in the present times, it is possible for men also to be bought? And once this kid will grow up in Life he will soon realise it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...