
Working in
Mirchi I got used to
giving a spike(making people curious to know what
I am going to write about), hence the title, with the picture all of pretty well know who it is.
I am talking about the famous Rakhi Sawant, the name associated with adjectives like bold, brash, rebellious etc; She is definitely not a stunning beauty. Sans makeup she will never make heads turn. Be it the vital statistics or any features in particular.
Television after privatisation has undergone many twists and turns, music shows, dance shows, laughter shows, reality shows but this particular show 'Rakhi ka Swayamvar' can be said as 'its different'. As usual it was hyped about not only on the channel that it was going to be telecast on and other media like the papers and websites etc.
I was curious as usual with random thoughts. Earlier too Rakhi did participate in 'BIG BOSS' and Nach Baliye with her then boy friend 'Abhishek'. The thought flow went on how much did the channel pay her? What are all the aspirants looking forward to in marrying her. Publicity? Becoming Rich? Or do they really like Rakhi so much? If they do like for what is it that they like her? Her looks? Her Dance? They certainly must not have come across her inner qualities.
And then I was thinking about Rakhi. The small town girl, middle class girl as she claimed. Innocent she claims herself to be and even the contestants say so.What is she looking forward to? Can she get a true life partner on this show, or is she doing it only for attention and money? Is she going to get married and divorce later?
The thoughts are still there and the show started and is going on. I was not watching the show ardently without batting the eyelid bcs that is the time when I concentrate on the 9pm news as it is an integral part of my profession. But on and off when did I watch and caught the glimpses.
There were 16 contestants from almost all professions from as far as Canada to small cities of India from Kashmir to Nagpur. From all walks of life. Each one was trying to woo her with some small gifts ranging from T-shirt to an idol of Ganpati and a white wedding gown etc. And the best friend of her ex boyfriend gifting her It was really funny to watch them saying Rakhi U are very beautiful, and hilarious to hear them read poems about her. I think the obsession with phoren is caught up with Rakhi also, ultimately she selected the guy from Canada for the day.
And I really do not know what Ram Kapoor is doing there? Why does the channel want him cant Rakhi handle herself or if not Ram Kapoor is there nobody else? He has become so wide filling half of my Television screen Ram with the earnings this channel gives U better pay for a gym membership or a slimming centre soon.
Let us wait and watch how this show will develop? Will Rakhi get her suitor and marry him and how long she is going to keep him.
No comments:
Post a Comment