Friday, July 3, 2009

Joy of Learning something new!


Yesterday I joined my little girl in the skating class. It was long awaited one. But due to the odd timings of my work I kept on postponing and finally the time came, when I am switching my job just to be with her to take her to learn all that she want to.

Vizag is blessed with a good skating rinks and good coaches, many have represented in national and international levels. Not that I want Vennela to go for such competitions. All that I want her to have is fun and experience the joy of learning something new.

This is taught by my Dad, he always encouraged me to learn anything that I can. So if I dabbled with Carnatic music, Bharatanatyam, Basket Ball, Yoga etc during my childhood it is because of him. I do not regret that I am a master of none, I am happy to be jack of all.

It is the Joy of learning that is exhilarating. Even now I felt so good a few months ago when I started to learn swimming. In between a few friends we joined together and learnt bollywood dancing wow! it was really fun.

And again this brought back memories of joining Shiamak Davar's workshops that I joined with my friend, travelled miles for these classes but it was worth it.

I just could see the radiant smile on my little one's face and after the class, she said mom I want to do skating for 10 hours.(Although she just started the class with only one skate on one leg and dragged the other one.) I prayed God, let this enthusiasm and interest last long.

There were kids of all sizes from 2 and half years old to 12 year olds and it was a beautiful sight to see them zoom and turn around in the rink. Some of them falling down and toppling on each other again getting up and going.

There is such a lot to learn from these little ones, the first thing is how to get up and smile after falling down. I too felt like learning to skate because in my childhood I did not get the opportunity.If only I can overcome my hesitation of being the odd one out among the students and start off I for certainty do know that it will be a great experience, I should do it soon.

I plan to join carnatic music again and re learn with my daughter. Also I want to learn to draw, sketch and paint. I want to experience this joy of learning something new again and again. It makes life much more interesting

1 comment:

  1. Rightly said, there are so many things in one Life to learn and so many joys to be experienced.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...