As I said last week that every day is not the same even every Sunday is not the same. This Sunday I had to come to work and it was a rather interesting assignment of having a tollywood hero and heroine in our station. It does not happen every day, it would have been a normal thing if it was Hyd, but them coming to Vizag is not so regular. If they come for shooting they get so tired that they hardly have the energy or the time to come for any interview.
So I was all enthusiastic to come to work and came along with my better half and daughter in tow. They actually were coming to promote their new film 'Current' and I was rather feeling sheepish as I did not watch that movie. Then I came to know that Sneha Ullal the look alike of Aishwarya Rai and the heroine was not coming.
I generally thought that celebrities keep us waiting and was in a relaxed mood but I was in for a surprise the Hero 'Sushant' (He is the nephew of the famous 'Nagarjuna' and the grandson of legend 'Nageswar Rao') came in sharp at the scheduled time. Earlier too I had couple of visits, one was the famous 'Ram Gopal Varma and then ' Varun Sandesh of happy days fame etc but Sushant was so different, he was so down to earth, very patient, cheerful, realistic no airs and baggage yet all. This was really a pleasant surprise. He patiently obliged the callers talked to them with interest and posed for n number of photographs right from the security to electricians to fans, everybody.
What I really wanted to put across is beyond this celebrity status is a warm human being with his own set of emotions, feelings and fears also may be (fears to prove himself to be successful in the Field he chose, to keep up the family name and live up to the legacy of his uncle and grandfather and make his own space amongst his cousins and other stars).
It is a memorable experience and I do wish this sweet hero a really bright future in Tollywood!
So my Sunday was a funday although a little disappointed with lack of rest but still it was worth it.
We tend to put every person in a bracket and pre-suppose and make a mental image based on their background or their field of activity. So a movie star is supposed to be brash, snobbish and walking with his nose in air type....But there are exceptions in every field. Such exceptional people dont stereo-type their image to those of others in their field, but be themselves. Sushant, I think, from what you wrote is one such fine example.
ReplyDelete